• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 3806 connection via an Equalizer

qwikm

Standard Member
How do I connect an Equalizer between my Pioneer DVD player and the Denon 3806 ?

I am planning to buy a good equalizer. Is it possible to connect it via Hdmi to the DVD/Denon 3806 or do I need to use good old RCA cables. Which terminals can I use on the Denon 3806 to connect the Equalizer?

Thanks
QM

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 30535

Equalizers are notorious for achieving poor sound reproduction. Why do you think you need one?

qwikm

Standard Member
I am not very happy with the Denon 3806 equalization (I need to hear more high frequencies). I tried using setup with manually boosting highs but it did not make a lot of difference.

In my early days about 10-15 years ago, I used to have an equalizer that used to work magic.

Note that I am using 2 Infinity Beta 50 k speakers and 1 Sub woofer only. On the input side , I have a DVD player.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 30535

I have the 3805 amp which is identical to the 3806 in terms of amplification/processing. Connection to a Denon DVD either by RCA leads (5.1) or Coax or Optical always results in sweet sounding "treble". All my amps settings for treble/bass, Room eq are set to off.

Perhaps a re -eq using your microphone may help? There is something drastically wrong for you want to boost treble off a denon amp; they're normally considered to be one of the "brighter" amps anyway! Is your hearing OK? Can you try any other set of speakers? (Maybe your tweeters have malfunctioned/blown?).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom