1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3805 Set up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by braehead, Oct 7, 2004.

Tags:
  1. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I'm being stupid - good chance - but I'm having problems setting up my 3805 amp. I just got me speakers the other day - Mission 782SE's - hooked them all up (don't want to install under the carpet again in a hurry!), connected the microphone and tried to run the auto-set up. First time I ran it I got sound from all the speakers, it did the analysis and said my fronts were out of phase - the manual said to check the polarity and if it was correct then press skip and all will be fine. Only my amp didn't give me the option to skip - only quit or retry. So I went for retry and got the same problem. When I went for a third try it didn't work at all and keeps jumping back to manual set up and won't start the auto set up. I've got the power amp assigned to zone two as I've got speakers in another room and I've got the pure direct set to off. What am I doing wrong? :lease: .

p.s. I saw on another thread that my plans for multi-room might be doomed by not being able to play a digital source in a second zone. Time for a chat with my retailer me thinks!!

2. granco

granco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same problem, except I haven't been able to start the Auto Setup at all. :thumbsdow It keeps on jumping straight to the manual setup. Has anyone any ideas why this might be? I know everything is connected properly, as I do have sound coming from all (5) speakers.

3. ahh

ahh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try resetting the amp. The manual shows how to do this.

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ref the phase problem...change the phase on the speakers, run the set up again, then change the phase back again. Sneaky I know, bit it worked for me...

Ref not being able to get to auto set up...maybe your mic is US? I think the auto set up option only appears if the amp detects the mic is present (I may be wrong...)
    Also there are 2 options on where to plug the mic in:
    1. The mic socket (obviously...)
    2. The left phono input on the front inputs. Somewhere in the menu system is an option for you to tell the amp which one you have it plugged into. Make sure this is correctly set as well...

5. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm all fixed. Ran the auto set up again and got the option to skip this time. All working fine. I was pressing enter though when I should have been pressing the arrow and that was why it was skipping back to manual from auto.