Denon 3805 - Pure direct query?```

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Love my amp, but wanted to know your opinion about this...

I come out of my Denon 2910 DVD player digitally (Coax) for my movies, now...should I use the same connector for my CD's?
As it stands - DVD mode plays both my DVD's and CD's and I put the amp into pure direct mode.
It sounds ok but I notice the sub is still kicking in and it can be overpowering.
Should I get some really nice cables and do it that way, straight into the CD input on the back of the amp? I.e, not optically or Coaxically.
What is the best option.

Many thanks

Chris

You can switch the sub output off in Direct/Pure Direct if you want. Just go into the Channel Levels for that mode and lower the SW channel to -12db then OFF.

Up to you whether you use the digital or analogue outputs from your player, connect them both up and decide which one you prefer. :)

Did you find the manual very difficult to follow?
I can't make head nor tail of most of it - Written by men in white coats.
I thought that the channel levels was a universal setting and had no idea that you could alter it for each setting.
I wish there was a manual written by the enthusiast :(

Cheers

Chris

i would imagine analogue will sound better with decent cables :)

(GTV)Chris said:
Did you find the manual very difficult to follow?
I can't make head nor tail of most of it - Written by men in white coats.
I thought that the channel levels was a universal setting and had no idea that you could alter it for each setting.

I didn't find it a problem but then again I'm used to them now, lol. You can adjust the channel levels for each mode but it will class Dolby/DTS/PLIIx as just one. So if you adjust the channel levels for Dolby it will have a knock-on effect to DTS, PLIIx etc.

To adjust the levels press the CH SEL ENTER button on the remote. Each press will cycle through the different channels, FL, C, FR etc. Keep going until you get to the channel you want to adjust then use the left and right keys around the CH SEL ENTER button to go up or down. :thumbsup:

Nice one, I will give it a go.

:)

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom