Denon 3805 problem maybe?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dave Gray, Jun 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Dave Gray

Dave Gray
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was demoing my system to a friend last night, at for my small room (2.8 x 3.0m) silly levels, when during the climactic end of Return of the King when the shockwave takes out Saurons tower and army, the amp shut down!!!
    I turned it back on and tried again, it went into standby at exactly the same point of the film.
    Now my normal DVD listening levels are about -20 to -15. I was demoing at about -12. I've got Kef Q series speakers and a SVS PC Ultra sub which pumps out insane subsonics. The system has been properly setup and calibrated with Avia and a sound meter. Could some form of feedback have caused this? It didnt seem at all hot so I dont think its overheating.
    Has anyone had similar problems with their amps? Or have I got a faulty one?
    Help :lease:

2. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap:
    Hi, I had this problem with a previous amp.....turns out that my speaker cable was not connected right,the copper was bridging and shorting the amp at high level points in source playback.

Check all your terminals are wired right(red-red balck-black)and that no lose bits of wire are bridging the terminals.

you should find its a simple prob to sort out.

chow 4 now.. :hiya: