Denon 3805 or Yamaha 2400?

cj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Now I'm stuffed - I've go a Denon 3805 on pre-order, but I've just had a phone call from someone with Yamaha 2400's in stock. Help!!

Both excellent AV amps. all i can say is to listen to both and decide. but i have the 1400 version and it's an excellent amp so i would say if the yamaha is cheaper go for it

The Denon is cheaper (I pre-ordered at £749), but the Yamaha (£800) is ready to ship. It's going in the family room, so not really worried about a demo, and not much chance of getting a demo yet anyway.

I personally like the warm sound of the Denons, the Yamaha's sound bright to me.

Is it purely for movies or movies / music use. Denons tend to have a better reputation when it comes to music modes also.

Also if I was to go Yamaha, I would get one from Germany (I visit there once/twice a month) you can get them mail order for circa £660, same pan-euro warranty as the UK sold ones.

I always say listen to you ears, but it's near impossible with a new product.

Best of luck in your choice.

Regards,

Chris

What dvd player do you have ?

As you can see from my sig i`m currently using a Yam 2400 with a Denon 2900 dvd player, I`m having a lot of problems with sound dropouts on DTS soundtracks which is why the amps being swapped for a denon 3805 !

Cheers

P.S It does it on two different Denon dvd players (2900 and 2200)

No dvd player in this room yet - just a HTPC. You selling your 2400, or swapping at the shop? :)

Ordered a 2400 now - can always use the 3805 in the bedroom when it eventually turns up :)

CJ

Where have you seen the 2400 at £800 & in stock?

I placed my order mid Jan for the 2400 & am still waiting, dealer still can't get a date from Yamaha.

Lez

Originally posted by cj
Ordered a 2400 now - can always use the 3805 in the bedroom when it eventually turns up :)

Some people have to much money and time on there hands :D

Hi Lez,

mine's coming from Krish AV . Not everyone has good things to say about them, but I personally have never had a problem. They have silver 2400's in stock and ready to ship. They assure me they have PLIIx both on the box and the amp. I got them to throw in free delivery - ordered mine yesterday for delivery on Monday.

CJ

Thanks for the information, how did you manage to get the free delivery included

Lez

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom