Denon 3805 or Yamaha 2400?

cj

Now I'm stuffed - I've go a Denon 3805 on pre-order, but I've just had a phone call from someone with Yamaha 2400's in stock. Help!!

dbanugo

Banned
Both excellent AV amps. all i can say is to listen to both and decide. but i have the 1400 version and it's an excellent amp so i would say if the yamaha is cheaper go for it

cj

The Denon is cheaper (I pre-ordered at £749), but the Yamaha (£800) is ready to ship. It's going in the family room, so not really worried about a demo, and not much chance of getting a demo yet anyway.

chris l.

I personally like the warm sound of the Denons, the Yamaha's sound bright to me.

Is it purely for movies or movies / music use. Denons tend to have a better reputation when it comes to music modes also.

Also if I was to go Yamaha, I would get one from Germany (I visit there once/twice a month) you can get them mail order for circa £660, same pan-euro warranty as the UK sold ones.

I always say listen to you ears, but it's near impossible with a new product.

Best of luck in your choice.

Regards,

Chris

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
What dvd player do you have ?

As you can see from my sig i`m currently using a Yam 2400 with a Denon 2900 dvd player, I`m having a lot of problems with sound dropouts on DTS soundtracks which is why the amps being swapped for a denon 3805 !

Cheers

P.S It does it on two different Denon dvd players (2900 and 2200)

cj

No dvd player in this room yet - just a HTPC. You selling your 2400, or swapping at the shop? :)

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by cj
No dvd player in this room yet - just a HTPC. You selling your 2400, or swapping at the shop? :)

The dealers exchanging it :)

cj

Ordered a 2400 now - can always use the 3805 in the bedroom when it eventually turns up :)

Lez

CJ

Where have you seen the 2400 at £800 & in stock?

I placed my order mid Jan for the 2400 & am still waiting, dealer still can't get a date from Yamaha.

Lez

Dfour

Originally posted by cj
Ordered a 2400 now - can always use the 3805 in the bedroom when it eventually turns up :)

Some people have to much money and time on there hands :D

cj

Hi Lez,

mine's coming from Krish AV . Not everyone has good things to say about them, but I personally have never had a problem. They have silver 2400's in stock and ready to ship. They assure me they have PLIIx both on the box and the amp. I got them to throw in free delivery - ordered mine yesterday for delivery on Monday.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom