1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3805 - Need to use a S-Video port? But..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by reversepeephole, Jan 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. reversepeephole

reversepeephole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi,
    Hope you can help.
    I've used all my component inputs on the Denon 3805 (TV/DVD/Xbox etc). I wanted to set up my Gamecube to the amp also. So thought I'd just by a S-Video cable plug it into VCR1 (for example) and away we go. (Also wanted to see how it looks via upconvert to component?) But all I'm getting is sound? I've messed with the settings but don't know why I can get a picture? Am I missing something here?

thanks.

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    have you gone into the input menu and told it to recieve an s-video signal in the relevant socket? i,e video 1, 2, Tv or so on......

Do note however that UK gamecubes do not output s-video, only composite, RGB and component - maybe DVI via jap lead....

This may be the cause???

Captain Benefit.

3. reversepeephole

reversepeephole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Oh, I didn't know that about UK Cube's - No S-Video! Thanks.
    Yep, I did switch the video signal to s-video (I would of run it through VCR1 for example) had sound - but no image. I did run it though Scart RGB as a tester last night anyway via a Quintro splitter box and the images wasn't as bad as I was expecting? I'll get my PS2 out of the cupboard and try that via s-video. (I'm just curious now as to how it will look?) Might import some component cables for my Cube (as I want to get some US games (Freeloader) - does mean I'll have to unplug and plug in everytime! Need MORE component ports!

thanks.