1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3805 Interference?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SimonHod, Dec 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SimonHod

SimonHod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I have a brief query I could do with some assistance with. I have several devices connected through my 3805 and the amp is then connected to my TV through a progressive component connection. I seem to get some sort of interference problem on all sources. Its basicaly only VERY brief toward the top of the picture and happens quite often although not at regular intervals. The problem does not occur when using the DVD player which is connected directly to the TV via HDMI/DVI. So I can only assume its the 3805. Any ideas what this may be? My best guess is the power its recieving is not as clean as it would like (Its not exactly all plugged in in the best manner possible!). Is this likely?? If so does anyone have a suggestion for some sort of 5-6 way power adaptor strip? Does your average B&Q one suffice?

Cheers

Simon

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Before splashing out on a mains cleaner, you could try bypassing the amp for each of your sources and see whether you still get the interference, it may be a simple case of routing your cables in a cleaner fashion.

Failing that I use an ISOL-8 Mini-Sub 2 which is excellent, they aren't cheap, and there are cheaper solutions out there, but they certainly make a difference. See if you can borrow one from a local dealer for a weekend, if it doesn't sort your problem then all it's cost you is a tank of petrol.

Tony

3. SimonHod

SimonHod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the response. I will indeed consult my local dealer. I'm sure he'll have plenty of expensive suggestions!

4. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Also if possible try swapping for a test the component cable that goes to your TV from the Amp, If you could swap this with a different one in case this cable is at fault? Worth a try anyway.

Steff