Denon 3805 in stock @ SevenOaks Lincoln

talizker

Just been to my local SevenOaks to have a first look at the Denon 3805. Got them to take the (silver) Receiver and Remote out the box for a visual inspection and I can safely say it's a nice looking bit of kit. Here's hoping performance is as good as it's looks:)

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
:smashin:

Good call phoned my local branch earlier after seeing this and i`m picking mine up tomorrow.

Cheers

C

cmo

Had a look at one of these today.

The amp definitely looks good and probably has the usual Denon qualities.

I'm not sure about that remote - a bit different, I guess time will tell.

spike99

Novice Member
Picked mine up last night, first thing remote is very nice and very good to use over the 3803 remote which got quite confusing at times.

Initial impressions are very good, an obvious increase in power is accompanied by a lot more control. CD replay is also very promising, not played too much with movies yet. Will no doubt add more in the coming days. The Auto set up worked a treat and seems to have mimicked the settings I had in the 3803.

mugsy

Novice Member
...and how much are Sevenoaks charging for it (the amp that is)?

jamesl01

I listened to the 3805 today ast Sevenoaks in Leeds. Listened to Monsters Inc. and a few audio cd's. I thought it sounded fantastic. It's a big step up from my old Pioneer VSA-E06.

The purpose of my demo was to hear the HK 630 (5550 replacement) which I found to be dissapointing. It seemed to lack control compared to the Denon with Movies. It was even more dissapointing with music.

Sevenoaks are asking £999 for the 3805. I spent quite a bit more than this on new speakers/sub so got a 10% discount.

keyser

Standard Member
I just got an email from avland, and was told the mic was included with the amp. I thought the amp wasn´t available yet, and would be pretty expensive when it would be!

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Just picked mine up, Looks good though haven`t connected it up yet.

The mic is included !

keyser

Standard Member
There have been complaints of faulty remotes and the remotes eating upp the batteries very quickly in the states. Anyone had any remote problems here?

spike99

Novice Member
Originally posted by keyser
There have been complaints of faulty remotes and the remotes eating upp the batteries very quickly in the states. Anyone had any remote problems here?
I have only had it since Friday, will see how the batteries last and report back anything strange, do we know if they changed anything on the UK version?

spike99

Novice Member
Originally posted by JIT
Anybody had a chance to properly have a listen to the 3805 yet?
I have been running mine since Friday and have been very impressed with the step up from the 3803. There is much more power on show with a definite increase in the stereo reproduction, the auto level set up via the mic seems to work a treat given that this is the first time Denon have included this facility.
The sound quality is a step up, there is terrific weight but without any harshness, the sound seems to pan in a coherent and very controlled way. The Auto set up leaves a volume range for easy listening from -20 upwards, with -15 onwards really going lound and boy can it sing then. I was a fan of the 3803, but this amp looks a lot better, seems to be easier to use and definately gets my vote for the initial impact over the last day or so. If things loosten up a bit more in the coming days I will be very happy. I intend to demo a Quad power amp along side this for stereo duty but I may not need it

keyser

Standard Member
I don´t know if they changed anything. Since they are released at the same time as in the US I would doubt it. Given that there aren´t really many people that have the 3805 at the avs forum, the fact that a few have had bad remotes seems like a pretty high percentage. If I remember correctly one had a rattling sound in his remote, anothers wouldn´t light up completely, another is sending out signals when it shouldn´t(when it´s piked up I think) and a few have reported the battery eating.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
My remote has a rattling sound but i think thats part of the sensor which switches it on when you pick it up ?

keyser

Standard Member
I thought someone at avs had a rattling sound and exchanged it for a new one and there was no rattle, I might be remembering wrong though. But if the rattle doesn´t bother you, I guess there is no point in getting it exchanged.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Must of put their prices up, I had it on preorder. They shipped on Friday, received today.

Youve got me worried now, gonna call and check I only paid £849.

spike99

Novice Member
When I picked mine up from Sevenoaks they reckoned that Denon had no more stock. I guess these units that suppliers have are the only ones available for a little while.

£850 seems a good price given the likley demand, however I am sure the US price is $1200, given the exchange rate of say $1.8, that would be more less than £700, I am sure they are the same product, with the exception of the three pin plug! Anyone else get this feeling!