• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 3805 - I got a shock (literally)

3sgte_power

Established Member
Every now and again, when i attempt to change the source via the knob on my Denon 3805 amp, i seem to get a litte shock.

Am a bit worried at the moment. Everything is connected up securely, etc etc and the Amplifier works a treat ...

Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

Thanks

rrc

Standard Member
It sounds like a static shock, I get this from my Pioneer from time to time, its really annoying but thats the problem with metal volume controls. I now have a habbit of touching the volume control with my sleave first before turning it (don't know if it helps but I haven't had a shock since doing that). You could of course just use the remote ;-)

-rrc

chambeaj

Prominent Member
3sgte_power said:
Every now and again, when i attempt to change the source via the knob on my Denon 3805 amp, i seem to get a litte shock.

Am a bit worried at the moment. Everything is connected up securely, etc etc and the Amplifier works a treat ...

Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

Thanks

You could email your question to Denon's UK support.

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=kont&MID=5&ver=

chambeaj

Prominent Member
I was surprised when I realised that Denon AV Amps do not use the mains earth connection. I thought all devices with a metal case had to be earthed for safety sake.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Shocking isn't it....

Ahem, sorry I'll get me coat...

bob1

Prominent Member
chambeaj said:
I was surprised when I realised that Denon AV Amps do not use the mains earth connection. I thought all devices with a metal case had to be earthed for safety sake.
The amp will be double insulated, look on the back and you should see a symbol that is a square with a smaller square inside it, anything with this symbol must not have an earth connected to it.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom