1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3805 help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by (GTV)Chris, Aug 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Found the manual, as usual, to be a bit breif and being a bloke, we don't do manuals any how...but...
    I set up the system using the fancy microphone and it seems to sound great - but not that much better than my last £350 amp I have to say..But this may be to do with the setup..
    So my question..

Do you all trust the mic setup or would you recommend me fiddle manually with a sound level meter???

Cheers

Chris

2. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    IMHO I find the mike setup to be very good, but there are so many determinants of what is a good set-up, and unfortunately the only things you can really get to trust are your eyes and ears. If therefore you're not happy with the sound or dynamics, then on the assumption that there is nothing otherwise different in your setup like speaker placement etc. that you want to fiddle with, then a SPL meter will at least tell you that the auto set-up is or isn't doing what you expect it to.

I checked mine the first time I set it up, and found the distance and also the decibel levels to be remarkably accurate (but then again they should be I suppose :) ).

I assume that there was nothing in the way of the mike when you ran it, that you pointed it upwards, and had no other background noise present (like you breathing :D ) at the time??

3. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Lol, thanks....No nothing in it's way and held my breath for the duration :)
    I will have a tinker at the weekend..

Chris