1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3805 Audio help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Teresa, Nov 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

Can someone tell me how I can get sound of my Divx movies?

I have a liteon LVD-2001 hooked up to my Denon 3805 with digital coaxial and video is via component ..when playing a DVD with 5.1 or DTS all is fine but obviously my Divx are not 5.1/DTS just analogue signal…so I need to hook it up somehow like I had it before with 2 RCA jacks. But it seems I can only select coaxial/optical sound inputs for that video conection

But I am unsure where to jack into the back on the Denon 3805 …only way I can figure it so far is to plug in a video S cable with 2 rca inputs to DVD inputs on the back panel but I don’t really want to do that

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connect a pair of phono's to the DVD input on the amp...then, using the "mode" button on the front under the flap, keep pressing it until "auto" is lit. This will tell the amp to automatically select whatever signal is being input...may well need to adjust something or other on the DVD player as well, but I'm afraid I'm not to familiar with this make.

3. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there thanks for the quick reply ,i have tried that but still no sound...i may have to select a seperate video input and plug an S cable and assighn the audio to that video input...i dont really want to do that i thought i could have done what you said and got away with it.... and just used my component out on the dvd player

4. Teresa

Teresa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm i fixed it...i turned the coaxial off altogether and just had anologue only thanks, you put me on the right track