1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3805 and the new 1905????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by showcase, Oct 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. showcase

showcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can someone plez enlighten me, why have denon gone all soooo less spec on the new range????????????????/

i was thinking of getting the 3805 when i saw the new 1905, the 3805 is much better then the 1905 why??????????????????? the the features well its nothing compared to 3805

i'm i just being sooooo novice, is it really better??????????????

and they have got rid of the denon link............ i was planning on getting a denon dvd player and denon av/amp which when hooked together with denon link, i thnk same as IEEE1394

i have read somewhere that it makes no difference if u connect the DL, or through component, i'm i right?

and again which is the best option to connect a dvd player to an av/amp, cuz i now i will be connecting my sagem axium 50" through a dvi cable to a dvd player. Will i need to connect the sagem to the av/amp aswell

sorry to be so novice, i still trying t do my research and theres soooo much to learn, all the pros and cons then u end up re-deciding about things :)

sorry for so many questions, i just want to get everything right first time, if u know what i mean.

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 1905 is a lower priced model aimed at a different market so has less features. The lower the first digit in the model number, the lower the model range and the lesser the specs e.g 1905, 2805, 3805 etc etc.

The Denon Link and Component Inputs are two seperate things. Denon Link carries Audio only. Component Inputs are for a Component Video Signal.

If you had a Denon Amp and DVD Player with Denon Link you would connect via that for Audio. If the Amp and Player don't have Denon Link then you would need to connect via an Optical Digital Cable or a Coaxial Digital Cable for your audio.

You don't need to connect Video through the Amp as well if you are already connecting straight to the TV, although it's handy to have a cable running from the Monitor Out of the Amp to the TV so you can see it's Onscreen Menu's for Setup etc.