1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3805 and SACD

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GliderRider, Jan 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GliderRider

GliderRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help, just bought the 3805 and the DVD 3910. I have the 3910 physically connected with Denon Link and Coax to COAX2.
    "Digital In" Config is as follows:
    CD.......COAX2
    DVD.....Denon Link
    But I can't play SACD? I can't put my finger on what I'm missing here. (I am plowing through the manual, but a little impatient too)
    Also, will the 3805 simply see the 3910 as a CD on COAX2 and a DVD on Denon Link?

Completely lost! :rolleyes:

Andy

2. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    As far as I recall, the 3805 was not originally capable of supporting SACD over Denon-Link, but was supposed to be able to do so after "verification", whatever that means. The latest info from the website says that the Denon-Link does in fact now support this, as per 3rd edition Denon-Link - seems like you may be needing a firmware upgrade. You should talk to your friendly dealer and see if they have the fix for you. Otherwise it's back to the good old 6xanalogue cables for you... hope you get it sorted.

3. mik

mik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Reading the website there is an asterix underneath saying currently awaiting verification, so it looks as though it is still 6ch inputs at present

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    The 3805 Denon Link 3 is SACD ready but their DVD players (Denon Link S.E) still can't pass the signal yet. They won't be able to until pemission is granted and a firmware update is made available.

5. unit_g83

unit_g83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i heard that that denon did not have the license to put sacd through their denon link. if it's been updated with denon link 3rd edition then i guess the problem was sorted. dvd-audio was licened out and therefore they were able to run the uncompressed dvd-a signals down the link lead

6. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I had same problem you need to connect the 6ch leads denon link doesnt support sacd

chris