Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon 3805 and multiroom use

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamesl01, Jun 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jamesl01

jamesl01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I've put some Castle Satelite speakers in another room to my main system and I want to run them off the remaining two channels of amplification that I have left over as I'm only using 5.1 surround.

Has anyone else with a 3805 managed to decode the manual sufficiently to get this working? I'm not sure whether the speakers should be plugged into 'surround b' or the other set (Can't remember what they are labelled).

How should I have the power amp assigned - zone 2 or zone 3?

Thanks in advance.

James

2. ianharvey

ianharvey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 3805 and intent to do this. I read something yesterday that said (amongst other things) that the volume for Zone 2 can only be set via the remote control and that it defaults to volume zero. I am sure the post is in here somewhere, so if you search on 3805, I think you will find it.

3. jamesl01

jamesl01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Ian

I've got the zone 2 volume set to -40db but there still isn'y any sound coming from thr Castles. Last night I wired them up to the main front L/R connections just to check I hadn't put a nail through the cabling....thankfully I haven't.

I'll have a look for that post you mentioned. If I find it I will attach the link here.

James

4. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 3805 and multi-zone it. You've got to use the surround back option for your second zone. It is also marked "zone 2" on the back of the amp. Was listening to a cd in one room while a dvd played in another room last night. Great, and very glad I've done it. Zone 2 was set to zero volume, but it was the first time I'd used it so not surprised. Will try again tonight and see if it has defaulted back to zero.

5. emquzu

emquzu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

Zone 2 / 3 output is a bit of a pain to set up but works fine once connected. First off, make sure you have analogue links from your source equipment to your Denon 3805 as the digital audio links don't seem to convert for the remote rooms. If you want variable volume in the remote room then I'd just set it up as zone 3. You need to connect the speaker links to the multi-zone speaker terminals on the back of the amp (the ones furthest to the right) and then in the setup you need to set the zone 2 level to varible (not sure if this is necessary but it's what I did and it works) and go to power amp asign in the options part of the setup and set it to zone 3. Now when you selecet zone 3 on the handset (it's a toggle button between zone 2 and 3 which is a bit spammy) and select a source it should switch ok and the volume should now operate the remote room.

Hope this helps.

Justin