Denon 3803


Ok, quick question....

Whats the best way to get the on screen display from my Denon 3803 to the Panasonic AE500 projector?

Use a 10 metre normal Video cable or 10 meter S-Video cable?

Which is better?

Opinions please....



Standard Member
Well if it's just for setting up just use composite video a single 10m cable is far cheaper than a 10m S-Video cable my .02 worth
cheers laurie


Thanks laurie

The video cable seems to be the best choice.

Where can I get a 10 metre component video cable from?


Stereo Steve

Novice Member
If you just want this for the OSD, don't get a component cable, get a COMPOSITE one. It'll have an RCA plug on each end, a component cable has 3 and will be hugely more expensive. Have a look on Ebay for a long subwoofer cable or something with phonos each end, it'll be fine. I got mine for a fiver.

If you want to actually pass video signals from a DVD player or similar through the amp to the PJ then you want either an Svideo or component cable as composite will not be too hot.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom