1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3803 to Vid problem

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by mrkjd, Jun 29, 2004.

1. mrkjd

mrkjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 3803 amp that upconverts several signals to component out to a plasma.No probs with the DVD, XBox, Sat Tv inputs but I can't seem to get the Vid to output a pic. I get the sound, and when I change source on the amp remote from say DVD to Vid I get a momentary glance of the vid pic but then it vanishes and I get a 'No Signal' message!

I'm forced to connect using composite as there is noS-vid output on my admitedly bottom spec vid but surely I should be able to get SOME sort of pic!!!!

Any thoughts anyone?

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doublecheck the connection and cable but also try it into a different input e.g CD. If it works, then the Video input may have a problem (could be a loose connection inside).

3. mrkjd

mrkjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried routing thru a couple of other inputs - same problem. I've also tried a different conection cable (scart to S-vid). I can only think that it's either a problem the Ampis having up-converting the signal to component and thru my plasma or my vid has developed some sort of fault.

4. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried it without upconverting just to see if a signal is actually getting through? You might have to pinch a portable tv to try it if your plasma doesn't have a scart/composite input.

5. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another thing it might be is that some AV Receivers don't seem to like VCR's that don't have TBC (Time Based Correction). Might be worth checking the manual to see if there's mention of this.