Denon 3803 on sscreen display.

lotusman1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Really struggling at the moment to get the on screen display up to set the amp up,exactly which connection on the back of the amp do i connect into the tuner the tuner box on my plasma?

TIA marc.

you need to use a composite or s-video lead from monitor out on the 3803 will not show on screen menu over component.

make sure you are plugging monitor cable into right hole on back of 3803 . when i moved mine round i spent a few hours trying to figure out why it would not work. there is so many connenctions its easy to get it wrong.

i use a cheap composite into plasma. remembe to select the imput its going into on plasma too. mine is on av.

I have an s video lead plugged into the moniter out socket and still cant seem to get a display is there a button to press?

Attachments

• avr%203803%20front.jpg
    avr%203803%20front.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 323
press this then the one above it that says setup.

maybe as defalt its setup to composite as thats the free cable i got with it. just maybe

ps make sure on your plasma you have s-video selected too.

As far as I know the 3803 will display the OSD via component. My old 2802 didn't but I'm pretty sure the 3803 will, otherwise it would be pointless having composite or s-video upconversion as you'd still always need to have a comp/s-video connection to use the OSD.

Cheers

Ryan

Also make sure the remote is set to AMP (in the LCD window) before you press the Setup button. :)

Hello all

Jmack - one of the advantages of the AVR-3803 over the old models is that the 'On-Screen' is overlaid on the YUV out.

Best regards

Joe

did not know that. dont know where i got that info then, i dont use the 3803 for any video so i only have the composite monitor out plugged into iscan.

Thanks all for your help got it up and running this morning just took a bit of trial and error.

Many thanks marc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom