1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3803 - How good?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The Spaniard, Oct 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Considering a new amp - I have a Yamaha A2 at the moment and for those of you who have read my previous threads I made the almighty mistake of buying the sony va55es without listening to it - theres a lesson to be had! my old A2 knocked it into fits - not so much on music - but with movies there was absolutely NO comparison. Itching to upgrade and considering the 3803 - reviews not brilliant ( as if this matters!!!). what do you guys think?

Oh, I want audio delay as I run a sony vw11 projector. The rest of my kit is all mission speakers and a pioneer 737 dvd player.

Thanks for any advice

2. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Sorry...forgot to say that 99.9% of my listening is movie related (dvd, sky, tv etc) although the missus watches a fair amount of mtv. All of the sound output is always through the amp - the tv volume hasn't been touched for years!:clown:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Budget? HK AVR4550 nice amp similar price to denon

4. RastaCat

RastaCat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3803 is an excellent performer. The Denons sound very rich and polished compared with the Yamahas rather rough and hard sound IMO.

RC

5. BigH

BigH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I recently upgraded to the 3803 primarily for the audio delay. I'm very impressed with its performance and have no problem recomending it. It's used day in day out and never misses a beat.

Regards BigH

6. vdeknock

vdeknock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was chasing the video features which are first class compared to the rest.

I find the sound to be very impressive, but then everyone says that about there AMP. I have never had anyone over who goes that sound crap!. The sound to me is warm and clean. It makes a movie.

I would given it a listen before buying. Just watchout for the salesman which tries to tell you this is better or this is way better! Everyone is driven by what they have spent money on.