1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3803 Help with some questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rscott4563, Jan 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just taken delivery of my new(ish) Denon 3803 Receiver from Urotsukidoji on the classifieds.

I now have some questions which I'm hoping all you 3803 and Denon AV owners will be able to help me with...

Firstly I've read the manual in detail so unless I'm missing something these questions aren't covered.

On the front panel display I have the "Multi" indicator displayed all the time, how do I get rid of this. The manual states that this is displayed when "Zone 2" is selected and a source is selected for output on the "Zone 2" outputs and to turn it off simply select "Source" and the "Multi" indicator turns off. This does not work on mine, I don't have "Zone 2" turned on, I have selected "Source" and still the "Multi" indicator is on, what am I doing wrong????

The second problem is very much related to the first in that if you press the "Zone 2/Rec" button it changes between the "Multi" and "Rec" indicator and is used the same way as the "Multi" function and should be turned off in the same way by selecting "Source" and the indicator should go out, but it doesn't????

Thats it for now as I haven't been able to set it up properly yet, still awaiting new AV unit and new speakers and it may yet have to go away due to an issue which will hopefully be sorted asap.... But I'm sure once everything is installed properly I'll be updating this post with more questions.

Cheers

Ryan :smashin:

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Have you pressed the Zone 2 button next to the Pure Direct button on the front panel? My Denon has a different way of selecting the Multizones and you can turn one of them off/on via the remote.

Usually it's a case of pressing the Zone button, twiddling the knob selector to what source you want and then pressing the Zone button again to turn it back off.

3. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I've tried that but it has no effect it just turns the actual zone on or off but the multi or rec indicators stay on permenantly?

I've even reset the microprocessor like it says in the manual if something isn't working properly, by pressing zone2 and pure direct buttons at the same time with the power off, but when I turn it back on the indicator is still on??

4. Pottsy

Pottsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mine does the same as yours. I think it's a "feature". I leave mine on REC, as the light is slightly smaller....

5. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Strange don't you think though that in the manual it states that it can be turned off when your not using that function, either multi room or recording another source??

I think I'll fire off an enquiry to Denon, not a hugely important thing I know but if its meant to do something then I'd quite like it to....

Ryan :hiya:

6. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How are you finding the sound of the 3803? An improvement? And what speakers are you using, if you don't mind me asking :D?

7. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Just posted about my new 3803.

Upgraded from the 1803, and I'm using Keff Eggs. Based on a few hours use only I'm well chuffed. Huge improvement. If there's a better amp around for under £700, buy it. The audio delay feature is a real winner.

8. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dimmy

I've not had a real chance to try it out yet, just tested that it works, my equipment is all over the place and in boxes, I just took delivery of my Q9c today and I'm waiting for a new AV unit and I haven't got my Q1's yet although if I haven't had a reply to my wanted add by Friday night I'll be going to Superfi on Saturday to pick them up along with some Apollo A2 stands.
    Also there is an issue with the 3803 I bought and until it is resolved I dont want to go setting everything up as I'll more than likely have to disconnect it all again.

But hopefully within two weeks I'll have the problem sorted and all my equipment will be setup (with the possible exception of the plasma) so a full review will be forthcoming.... :smashin:

9. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will look forward to it mate :D