1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3803 & finding the Audio delay menu option..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JUS, Dec 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I have a projector in the room with my amp.. No TV. Have I missed something or do I need two display devices to set the audio delay?

The audio delay option is burried deep inside the menus, so I need the amp menu to be displayed on the screen so I can navigate to the audio delay option. So far when I want to sync up the audio I have to drag a portable telly down stairs and hook it up to the amp via the composite out. So I can have the film on the projector and navigate through the amp menus on the tv. Does eveyone do this? Have I missed something here?:confused: Can I get to the audio delay option without using the on screen menu? I have the dvd player linked to my ISCAN Ultra then Iscan to projector (component). I don't think feeding the pj via the amp will help because the menu isn't displayed when using component.

I realise it's an option which should be set and left alone but I haven't had the amp long and everytime I watch a film I think the sound is not in sync and want to fiddle.:mad:

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +892
    Have a similar problem with my Denon's Audio Delay (mine has no OSD at all via the Component Outputs). As I'm using the TV's Component Inputs, it's a case of switching between TV channels to access the OSD (from the S-Video Monitor Output) adjusting the delay and then switching back to check to see if it's matched and in sync, not ideal but there's no other way around it.

3. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    i have the iscan pro, if the ultra also has the priority switch then your other option might be to hook up your dvd player with component AND composite to your 3803, and then set the priority on the iscan to be composite first when making audio delay adjustments, that way the projector gets the composite feed from the dvd player and the OSD will be overlayed on that. then switch back to component priority for normal viewing.

4. kota

kota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya ...

Have exactly the same problem as you so what I did was to memorize the key sequence on the remote to get into the audio delay settings which you then see on the amp's front panel display and change at will with the left/right keys.

If I remember correctly you press set-up, then press the down key 7 times, enter and you're there. After adjusting the delay just press set-up again and that's it :D

Cheers,

Pedro