1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3803 and PAL progressive

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SimonO, Apr 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Will I be able to run a PAL progressive output from a DVD player through the 3803's component switching..?

I've also got digital cable and thought about using the JS Tech RGB to component converter through the 3803... Or would it be better to bypass the amp and run component direct from the DVD to the display and the NTL direct via RGB scart..?

Will I lose picture quality through the amp..?

Confused..!

2. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Well, I run pal prog through the 3803 to a projector, and can't notice any degradation. for me, the ease of switching is worth it.

Invariably there will be some impact, but its more likely there are other parts of your system that are impacting picture quality more than this would.

btw 3803 seems to improve my Sky RGB to S-video feed when it changes it to component.

3. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks Bonesy... I've got a JS Tech RGB to S-video converter kicking about, but I didn't think I should go RGB > S-video > component... Is this the set up you're using..? Does it work okay..?

Thanks for the input...