Denon 3802

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gazzerr, Nov 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gazzerr

gazzerr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just hooked up my Denon 3802 to my Monitor Audio Silver Package. However ,when watching the video, TV or running a CD through DTS NEO or PL II I get no sound from the rear speakers. Does anyone know if this is correct or should there be some sound? The rear speakers work for normal 5.1 and 5ch stereo.

Thanks for your help.:eek:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,852
    Silly question, but (assuming you are using a 5-speaker setup, rather than a seven-) have you got the rears connected to the right output connectors on the Amp? Can't remember details of how the terminals are labelled, but I had a friend with the same symptoms - he had connected his rears to the sixth and seventh output terminals rather than the fourth and fifth. Recheck the manual to ensure your rears are connected to the correct tereminals, and recheck the amp setup to specify that you are using the sixth and seventh outputs as "multizone".

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another way to check is select mode i.e neo6 pl2 then use the test tone, if no sound comes out you know you may have a connection problem. If you are getting sound but only faint go to set up then channel level set up, set all speaker to the same volume, this is done better with sound level meter. If you are running just the 5.1 set up and not using surround back option your rear speakers should be connected to rear speakers A. On the remote you have a button labled 6.1/7.1 pressing this switches the surround back channels on/off make sure this is off, (only if your set up for 5.1).

:cool: