Denon 3802 Vs Onkyo TX-SR674E

eastman3000

Its time to replace the old girl (3802).

Will she be missed by going for the newer HDMI fancy woman - the onkyo 674 that is?

Or will I regret it.

I mean how can a £800 reciever be bettered then a what is now a £300 reciever. (God im scruge!)

Comments appreciated.

eastman3000

Anyone?

DolbyDan

Hi,

In my opinion not worth it, you can get HD uncompressed sound via your analogue input (unless your using a PS3).

Me

I have just upgraded my Denon 3802 to a Pioneer VSX AX4AS-i. At first I was not sure that it was really worth upgrading as the Denon has such a great sound. After living with the Pioneer now for a few weeks I am very pleased with the money I spent. The VSX AX4AS-i is simply much more refined and the control over the sound is stronger in every respect to the Denon. The sound calabration options are endless and you can really tune a listening space to perfection. The bit I really like is the upscaling as I am still using lower quality source input, the amp makes everything just look so good, especially output to component. "I mean how can a £800 reciever be bettered then a what is now a £300 reciever." things cost less to make now, perhaps, but whatever, technology moves on and those small refinements make all the difference.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
If you feel like that you could always wait and spend £1000 on the new 3808 due in the next couple of months. :D

But as others have said, things cost less to make now.

eastman3000

Thanks chaps!

mendd3

I definatly know what you mean. But im in my new house now and my credit card has not been used for a while!! lol

Me

Your rite there. Things do move on! I mean take my DVD player. Its a newer pioneer but performs better then my old pioneer whihc cost which twice as much!

Greg

I would love to have this amp 3808- but think I will hold back. Like everyhting - theres always a newer better model. - what a beast the new denon would be!

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom