Denon 3802 - UK or Import Spec?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by EmissarY, Dec 13, 2002.

Tags:
  1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya all,

I am going to buy a Denon 3802 in mid Jan 2003, upgrading from a Pioneer 709 RDS receiver, my main worry is the wide variety of pricing that appears on the net.

I have seen i for £599 at Go2Camcorder.co.uk and from there it gradually increases to the £699 mark between different retailers.

My main question to current Denon owners is:

If a Denon receiver is priced that cheaply (woohoo! - £599) is this an indication that it is a grey import spec machine and not an official UK Denon spec? (Doh!) Indeed, is there a major disadvantage to buying a grey import spec machine, I would particulary like to hear from those of u that have bought one in the past....

I am also under the impression that a full UK spec Denon amp/receiver has a 2 yr warranty, is this true?

So ultimately, is there a risk I am taking by buying the cheaper priced model?

Thanx for your time,

Emissary.

2. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it me or do I hear the chirpping of crickets in the background of this thread......:rolleyes:

3. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,490
    You won´t get much response between 3 & 7 in morning!

The official Denon dealers give a two year warranty for their amps/receivers. So unless the online seller is officially a Denon dealer (unlikely) then you´d have to assume the units are grey imports.

Spec wise I don´t think there is any difference between the units at all, its just down to the warranty issue.

Its your choice.:)