Reaction score
I am just setting up the speaker settings
Front- large
Centre- small
Rears- small
Sub- on
Crossover- 80
LFE- LFE

Whilst listening in stereo the sub is in action, should this happen, I thought it would have to be set LFE+main? It did not do this on the Sony 930 when set to 2ch stereo.

Many thanks Ged.

Hi

Yes the sub will be working. If you don´t want the sub on for music, use Direct mode and adjust the SW channel level (via the front panel) down to -12db and then OFF.

Thanks Jase, just tried that, sorry for more questions, but if I change from CD using direct to say DVD will I have to reconfigure the sub setting? Sorry for the simple questions as this works so differently to the 930 and I am only 2 hours into this.
Thanks Ged.

Originally posted by Ged
Thanks Jase, just tried that, sorry for more questions, but if I change from CD using direct to say DVD will I have to reconfigure the sub setting? Sorry for the simple questions as this works so differently to the 930 and I am only 2 hours into this.
Thanks Ged.

Nope. The amp will remember that Direct mode has the SW Off, whether its set to DVD, CD etc etc

Just remember that if you change any settings for Dolby Digital, DTS, PL2, DTS Neo this has a knock on effect for all those modes. i.e changing the SW level in DTS will affect Dolby Digital, PL2, DTS Neo and vice versa.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom