1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3802 stereo playback quality and av movie modes

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Mar 21, 2002.

Tags:
  1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i had yamaha a5 av amp and yamaha ax592 power amp, used a5 for av use dvds, and vhs tapes or recordings of tv sky etc, used ax592 for replay of cds m/disks and cassette tapes as i found the a5 stereo music quality not so good as ax592, so i purchased denon 8302 as about 5 dealers stated this was a very good av amp with good stereo playback only heard the denon with bose accoustimas speakers at the dealers. tried 3802 with cds and m/disks tapes when i recieved 3802 and sound replay was as good as ax592 amp but when the bass or tone controls were adjusted there did not seem to be as much difference as with ax592 amp i have mordaunt short ms540 as front main speakers set to large yamaha ns 60 as center mordaunt short cs-1 as rears about 5 dealers have suggested that better front speakers ie mission 782s or simular would go well with the denon but these are about £700 can other people who have 3802 tell me if they are pleased with the quallity of stereo playback in none av modes it is certainly better than a5 in stereo but of course denon is more expensive thank you all

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    If you´re asking if the Denon is better than the Yamahas, then yes, in my opinion it is.

For movies and music.