• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 3802 sound dropout problem

Oakleyspatz

Prominent Member
I own a Denon 3802 and have noticed many times the sound drops out for a spilt second. It does it maybe twice during a 2 hour movie so is not the end of the world, but it is still annoying.
It seems to do it in all sound formats (DTS ,EX, Dolby Digital).
Any ideas?

Jase

Distinguished Member
Could just be a DSP glitch. Try resetting the unit (in the manual under Processor Re-Initialization) and see if that cures it. Bear in mind that you'll have to redo all your setup so write down all your settings beforehand (channel levels, speaker distances etc etc).

Cable Monkey

Prominent Member
Don't necessarily blame the amp here. On occasions when I have experinced this, my source was to blame. Are you experiencing this from more than one source?

Oakleyspatz

Prominent Member
Cable Monkey said:
Don't necessarily blame the amp here. On occasions when I have experinced this, my source was to blame. Are you experiencing this from more than one source?
That's a great point Cable Monkey, i will try some other sources and see.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom