1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 set up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Neal, Mar 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Neal

Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you set up the speakers (Kef) without having some visual connection to the screen? I am using component straight from the DVD 2800 to the Panasonic 42" and Telewest digital TV through the scart-VGA converter, again straight into the screen. Are there any benefits from plugging the DVD through the amp? The switching facility wouldn't really work because you have to switch the input on the screen by the Panansonic remote control anyway. But until I set up the speakers I can't do anything.

Final question: which input should the single subwoofer cable go into on the Kef subwoofer?

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To get the on-screen display you have to connect S-Video (TV ) to MONITOR OUT (amp).
    You can either get a S-Video > scart lead if you have a spare AV connection on the TV, or S-Video > S-Video lead and use the front AV and when you done your set up remove it. Once you have done the initial set up there's not a lot of need for it, you can alter certain funtions through the LCD window.

Sub connection, think it's the L input for single cable.

3. Neal

Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bob. What about the other part of the question? Is there any point in having the DVD go through the amp? Will I be able to make settings just for the DVD (eg delay?) without it going through the amp? Will I be able to control the Denon DVD with the amp remote without the DVD player going though the amp?

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Audio connections are all you need from DVD > Amp, no need to connect DVD > AMP > TV.
    As long as your DVD is connected to the TV via fully wired scart, and the amp is connected to the TV via S-Video you will have all menus available to you to set both dvd and amp up.
    Yes,

5. Neal

Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Extremely helpful. Thanks. Although I'm sure this isn't the last time I will pick your brains.

6. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was a pleasure Neal.........you only have to thank me once though....:D
    Happy viewing.

I deleted his 2nd post which makes this one look odd!! Moderating at its best!!