1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Educated Guess, Jul 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Educated Guess

Educated Guess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I just cant get the on screen display to come up on my Denon. It's about 3 years old and the OSD via phono worked fine until I connected a JS RGB to VGA box to my Panasonic th-50PHW30 a little while ago. I can get a signal with the phono Ok via Xbox, Sky or PS2 but still no OSD. I need to assighn a digital channel to a certain input that didn't have one before but cant without the display.
    Is there a way around this so I can do it via the front panel, cant see anything in the instructions? Or have I hit a button to disable the OSD?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Unfortunately you need to be able to access the OSD to assign the digital inputs. Have you made sure the remote is set to AMP when you press the Setup button? The OSD is also output via the S-Video Monitor Output so you could try that. Alternatively, do you have a small portable TV you could just plug into to make the change??

3. Educated Guess

Educated Guess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    The remote is definitely set to amp. Good idea about the monitor/s-video option. I'll drag down a portable from the kids room and try that.