denon 3802 or yamaha dapa-x2

O

oz1966

After many hours of reading articles I have picked out two amps but i would like advice from anyone who owns one of these. This is my first home cinema set up and I have already purchased a panasonic TV and a set of Kef2005 sats. Help please. :confused:

higenbs1

Haven't heard the Yamaha, but I'm very pleased with my 3802. My advice would be to find a dealer who can demo both side by side, and go for which ever one you think you prefer.

Nobber22

Agreed. Denon and Yamaha amps sound very different. A demo is essential. Although if you are brand new to hifi and AV with no experience of what hi-fi sound is, then both these amps will be great.

If you already have similar kit and know which type of sound you like eg. warmer Yamaha or brighter Denon, then only you can decide through a demo. You need only demo in stereo to get a feel for the sound you prefer as both amps are very capable in surround already IMO.

Reiner

warmer Yamaha or brighter Denon

Isn't that the other way around, i.e. the Yamaha is "brighter" and the Denon "warmer"?
May not apply to the latest gear from Yamaha as it's said to rival Denon now in sounding "warm" ...

Personally I consider my Yamaha as neutral - **** in, **** out ... ;)

Nobber22

Originally posted by Reiner
warmer Yamaha or brighter Denon

Personally I consider my Yamaha as neutral - **** in, **** out ... ;)

:D :D

In my experience the latest budget Yamaha amps are so warm they should be covered in blue fur like Sully! As for the Denon 3802, I recently auditioned one and found the top-end a bit more forward. Could be considered more neutral than a Yamaha then.

O

oz1966

ok thanks.I will go out today and get a demo on both the yam and denon.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom