1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 or Onkyo 797 (hard to decide

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cooko1, Jan 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. cooko1

cooko1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tested both the Denon 3802 and the Onkyo 797 and I like the Denon for the 7.1 but as my lounge is narrow at the back I dont think I would get good seperation beween the back speakers .

Does anyone have a Onkyo 797 and what are the good or bad features with it .

Any help would be appreciated

2. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldnt find a vendor on the net selling the onkyo on the net, have you any suggestions?
    Also, i dont suppose you tried the Onkyo in stereo mode for music reproduction, if you did can you tell me what its like compared to the Denon.

3. Suki

Suki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not heared the onkyo but the denon is really good - my suggestion is mount your surround r a l on side walls and mount a single surround back speaker to give a 6.1 set up - this can all be accomodated from the denon set up menus - get a demo from a dealer and you will be sold.

Best price for one is from hifijunkies on the web

Have fun

Suki

4. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To me the Onkyo sounds a bit more dynamic, plus it is THX, not this matters a lot, but I´d rather have it than not...