1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 multizone

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by deang, Oct 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. deang

deang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to put a couple of speakers in an adjacent room to my main AV / HiFi kit. Normally, on my old Yamaha amp I'd have used an A/B front speaker switching but this isn't on the Denon. I looked at using the multizone feature, but this would be at the expense of the 7.1 capability, and I doubt if I need to have AV in one room and audio running in another at the same time.

Any ideas?

2. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,491
    Use phono's on the pre amp outputs on your Denon to hook up to your Yamaha amp in the other room.

Cheers
    Kev

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You have the choice, either use the Surround Back amps to power the speakers in another room (losing 7.1 capability!) or connect up a second amplifier to the Multizone outputs on the back of the amp.

Or just buy a second system for the other room.:)

You could be sneaky and connect the second set of speakers to Surround B, but use the 5/7ch Stereo mode and set the amp to use Surround B. Drawback is you´ll have the music running in the main room at the same time, coming out of the front three speakers and also Surround A if you have selected Surround A/B as the output.

Its a way of getting round it, although not perfect.

4. deang

deang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - but I don't have the Yamaha any more! I don't want / need additional kit in the other room - just the speakers.