1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3802 memory

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by keyser, Oct 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I somehow have the 3802 memorize different settings for pl2 and for dolby digital. I like to turn upp the surrounds and the bass for pl2.. since I feel that most console games and others sources have the bass and surrounds set a little to low. Can I memorize this for pl2.. so that I don´t have to change settings everytime I play a dvd in dts or dd??

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 3801 and all the sound formats like DPL, Neo6, DD and DTS all come under the same settings, but the amp will memorise different settings between the DSP modes Direct and Stereo though.

Not ideal but try setting widescreen up for the games see how that sounds, don't normally recommend DSP modes as they sound crap to me but may sound better when used with games.

3. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So is there no way to memorize the other settings. That sucks because I can´t figure out how to change the settings from the remote without using the OSD on the tv.

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the remote on the 3801 is the same.

Under the four arrow keys is the Enter button, press this and you can get into the speaker settings, these will be shown on the LCD panel on the front of the amp, use the up/down/left/right arrow keys to select/adjust the speakers and there settings, just remember to take a note of your settings for DD and DTS etc before you alter them, then you can re-set them when you have finished.

5. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got it, but can I change the bass/treble from the remote?

So I do have to go through changing bass and volume for surrounds everytime I play something in dp2?

6. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can't change the bass/treble from the remote, but you can change it from the front panel of the amp, not ideal but it's better than connecting the lead up for the onscreen menu if it's not convenient to have the cable connected all the time. IMO the bass/treble should be left at "0", just adjust the LFE channel for a little more bass.

When you set the speaker levels these levels apply to DD, DTS, Neo6 and DPL2, you shouldn't have to adjust any levels. If you find that the source you are playing requires the bass/rears adjusting then you will have to re-set the levels by using the method I explained earlier via the remote, that's if you don't want to connect the cable up for the OSM.

The amp will not memorize different settings for DD, DTS, Neo6, and DPL2.

7. AndyDodds

AndyDodds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can adjust the LFE for DD/DTS using the OSD when playing back a DD/DTS track.This setting reduces the LFE in comparison to the setting you have set for DPLII/Neo. Set up the amp as per DPL then when you are happy play a DD dvd with some good LFE. Press the OSD and reduce the amount till you are happy. Can't remember if you have to do it saparately for DTS, just play back a DTS track and see. It will remember this reduction in LFE for digital soundtracks.

Hope this helps

Andy Dodds