1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 Info Required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by john R1, Oct 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone please tell me if i need to buy a scart to phono lead to set up the majority of settings on the denon, or can you do so without the on screen display, where do i plug the phono lead into on the back of the amp if i need the lead, have read the booklet loads of times but still cant understand most of it, have had the amp for approx 20 months it was installed for me by the shop but now i feel like dabling a little with it

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,566
    The OSD makes setup a LOT easier. To be honest I've never even tried setting any of my Denons up without using it (apart from accessing certain features). All you need is a standard phono to phono composite cable or S-Video to S-Video cable or even an S-Video to Scart cable (assuming your TV can take an S-Video signal).

Just connect the cable to the relevant MONITOR OUT socket on the back of the amp, set the remote to AMP and press the SETUP button and then you can fiddle around to your hearts content. :)

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jase i presume my 37" panny will take s-vhs lead am only using 1 scart & 1 component lead into the seperate tuner

4. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,566
    I would assume it does. Does the tuner box have an S-Video input on it? Or maybe on the Plasma itself? I'm not too up on what connections some plasmas have or haven't got!

5. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure will have a look when i get home, am at work at the moment thanks again

6. Ryan

Ryan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just use a compsite cable and plug it in to the tv when required. It's permanently plugged into the back of the 3802.