1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 @ hifi Junkies

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tony.M, Jul 2, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Tony.M

Tony.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    Bought a 3802 from Hifi Junkies back in December last year.
    Was smug as a spotty teenager to get it plugged in and blasting. However, the unit appears to be faulty with flashes and bangs when switching svhs (I mean come on guys, how can something this simple go wrong?).

You can be watching a dvd through the unit and all of a sudden...... picture goes and bang!!! goes the sound, just like an old amp did when dust was in all the circuitry and you turned it up.

I've left e-mails and phone calls on Hifi Junkies mail and ansa machine, but no replies...

Has anyone else either encountered the fault or perhaps had this bad service from Hifi Junkies.

To me they appeared to be very professional when I sounded them out before buying, however, they seem very coy now I have a problem.

I hope it's not a case for the small claims court!!!

Please contact me of your experiences, I'd love to know how you got on.

2. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If the amp is now 6-7 months old I'd take it up with Denon under the warrenty rather than with the vendor.

Just my two penneth.

3. Tony.M

Tony.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

Under the sale and supply of goods act, your contract is with the retailer you purchased from, and not the manufacturer.

In this case Hifi Junkies. If they are as good as they brag to be on they're website, then they should have enough spunk to reply/do something about this.

I'm an age old advocate of customer service, I give 110% and expect the same.

However, just legally required level of service will suffice in this case, and perhaps I'll leave it be once this matter is resolved.

considering Hifi Junkies was highly regarded on this site, I will give them a chance before leaning on them legally. (I'm rather good at that bit!! without sounding too big headed)

Let's give them till Friday to respond, I'll mail them and call them again too.

T.

4. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Whilst im aware of what the responsibilities etc are you're bound to end up with it having to be sent back, then sent off for repair, then returned to them, then returned to you.

You'll save a lot of time & effort going direct to Denon on the amps 3 year warrenty.

Regards

5. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had no problems with Hifjunkies when I was getting my Denon 3801 replaced on insurance. They happily did me extra invoices and stuff to send to the insurers. I was pleasantly surprised by the service actually.

They should be ok as they are the online arm of the audo-t chain.

6. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also had no problems when buying but recently there have been a few complaints about getting hold of them on this forum.

I don't know if they are just overworked maybe.

As Big Jim said they are part of Audio-T. Try giving their Enfield shop a ring as Hi-Fi Junkies are in the office above the shop and see if they can go upstairs and give them a kick up the bottom.

Audio-T
    159a Chase Side, Enfield, Middx EN2 OPW
    0208 367 3132

7. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,490
    I am shocked about Hifijunkies not replying.

When I bought my gold 3802 from them, Jason was excellent and very helpful.

DHL 'lost' the first parcel (which they never found), this was about the time when the Gold ones were like gold dust to find and Jason searched the country for one and sorted me out very quickly.

He also gave me a great deal on some cable.

I would definitely recommend them to anyway and I am surprised they haven't replied to your queries.

Give Jason a call after 12.00pm and you should be able to get hold of him.

Greg

8. Fat Bloke

Fat Bloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how relevant but I've recently emailed them with a question and have had no reply.

9. Tony.M

Tony.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Billduff, thanks for your contact number, it was greatly appreciated and used to good effect.

I spoke to John at Audio T, who passed me on to Lee upstairs.

Jason, who I dealt with when I bought the unit, is apparently the manager.

He was out today, but I have a direct number for him to contact tommorow.

I will get to the bottom of this, and I will keep you guys posted as and when any progress is made.

I don't wish to come down on these guys, but money's money, and we all work damn hard for it.

Fatbloke, you're right. I remember a string some time ago about Junkies not responding, which is what prompted me to jump.

I was assured by John at Audio T that the volume of business at Junkies has been overwhelming to the point where they don't know where to turn. (Sounds like my work)

Let's see what happens, I belive someone until I can prove they've crossed me. (Assertive maybe, but mug not).

:devil:

T.

10. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Must admit I would think it probably is just volume. I dealt with Jason when I got my kit from them and he was possibly the most helpful 'salesman' I've ever dealt with.

I wanted to pick the speakers up from HFJ's as I couldn't take a day of for delivery during the week, so I got him out of bed early on saturday to pick them up form the shop (which is how I knew where they were !!!).

Jason sorted it all out at the right time and gave me his home number to call if I had any problems either with the kit or needed advice on setting it up.

After I placed the order he alled about 10 times in the 3 days to confrm delivery (big backlog on 3802 orders at the time), colours, delivery times and then to tell me he had them in and I''d get it the next day.

That is why I have no problems recommending them. If Jason is still there is should still be good, but maybe a bit too sucessful !!

11. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add to the hifi Junkies debate I ordered something from them 2 weeks ago that has not arrived yet. To be fair they did say it would take a couple of weeks so I have been trying to phone them for the past couple of days to find out what the current status is but I can not get through to them. I have also left emails and messages but not a sausage.

Now if they are overworked why have they not employed more staff to cope with this situation. The most frustrating thing as a customer is not being able to get hold of a company that you have purchased something from. Lets hope hifi Junkies get this sorted out soon otherwise they will start to lose customers because of bad customer service.

Anyone else having the same problem at the moment

12. DazJWood

DazJWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to add another few comments about HiFiJunkies.

I originally bought my Mission FS2AVs from here due to the good servie that was reported on this website about them.

While I found Jason helpful and polite I have to say I find their customer service appalling. Having had my speakers and starting installing them I had one of the grub screws break on me.

Also, one of my speakers buzzes with volume. I also needed to order two extra end caps.

I have phoned and phoned to get the answer machine each time. I wrote emails and and left answer machine messages. When I finally got through on the phone I was told I'd be contacted the next day with a reply to resolve my issues. I have had no reply since.

They may well be busy I am not disputing that, but I feel they are going to lose a lot of custom and if they are prepared to take people's money and then not follow up with support then shouldn't be offering their services with out adequate manpower and resource.

Daz

13. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    dont know if its related but their web site is down today, although its probably just maintenance.

Regards

14. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I also had a bad experience with them. There wasn't huge amounts of money involved, just a few cables but they took an age to deliver. It was over a month after I ordered when they finally arrived and even then they came without their packaging. Not really a big deal but when I buy something NEW, I expect it to be boxed etc. HiFi Junkies excuse was that the cables would fit through the letterbox without the packagaing :rolleyes:. I felt this was not good enough - considering the fact that the order wasn't even sent by recorded delivery so if it had have got lost - no one would have been any the wiser.

It only takes one bad experience so needless to say, I will not be ordering from there again.

On another note I cannot reccommend enough, HIFi Cables and HiFi Store - superb customer service in every way.

15. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just posted a thread under Speakers and Subwoofers today about Hi Fi Junkies.

I ordered 15m of Silver Anniversary bi-wire, 25m of Silver Anniversary single and a 0.5m QED Squart two weeks ago - and still no joy. Their website's still down today.

I was promised delivery on Saturday - no show. Bit annoyed that I stayed in the house in case of delivery - waste of a day!

Getting a bit fed up now.

It's real shame as, like many others, I actually got really good service from them in March when buying my Denon 3802. I hope they manage to catch up with their backlog soon.

Adele.

16. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got through to hi fi junkies today, took about 5 phone calls though. It does seem that they are snowed under at the moment and I think the manager has been away for the past couple of weeks.

Anyway my order is now progressing and I have been promised it this week, so I am a lot happier. So for all you other unhappy customers give them a ring, it may take a few goes, but once you get through they are very helpful.

The web site is back up as well.

17. zsaddique

zsaddique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to confirm Ian's comments, Jason, the manager, became very ill a little while ago and someone else had to be trained to carry on his job.

As you've probably realised, this person obviously wasn't as skilled as Jason, hence the problems mentioned by others in this thread.

I've had a word with Jason, and fortunately today was his first full day back at work, and is rapidly sorting out any unsatisfied customers.

Hope that helps. ;)