1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3802-GREY IMPORTS

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by soulbrother michael, Jan 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly thanks to Greeny & Nigel for their replies,not sure what i will do regarding using my rotel amp yet.Anyway i have seen the Denon for sale at unbeatable and hi-fi junkies,the prices are very competitive but i am a bit worried they might be Grey Imports.and not uk models,any ideas ?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Ask them ?

3. Suki

Suki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed - ask them -when I bought mine last week they checked and then said no which suggests they sell both official and grey goods.Mine arrived last week and the address details on the box showed it came from hayden labs - the official dealer.

Absolutely great amp by the way and these guys are very helpful .
    Its also the best price I could find anywhere.

Suki

4. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. greeny

greeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine from Hifi Junkies for £640 a couple of weeks ago. Note this includes postage and a 3 year warrenty (you only get 1 year with unbeatable).

If you are going to order, ring first to check availibility.

I had a problem with delivery (hifi junkies cocked it up basically), but this was sorted and I was compensated by way of a nice cable. So well done HiFi Junkies.

6. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to confirm what 'greeny' has said.
    I ordered the 3802 from HiFi Junkies just before Xmas. As luck would have it I phoned on the day their stock had arrived (on a Friday I believe). I ordered and asked for despatch on the Monday to avoid the 'beast' being in a warehouse all weekend and it arrive 24 hours later on the Tuesday.
    Excellent service, very pleasant to deal with on the phone and therefore well recommended and an excellent price 'to boot'.

7. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I am aware all Denon Hardware is made in Japan. All is therefore imported to the UK and Europe.

Other than guarantees, the boxes will be the same, only the UK machine will have Hayden Labs sticker on it and the others won't.

I think I am correct in saying this. I am sure someone will let me know if I am not !!

Cheers

8. greeny

greeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you are probably right.

Mine says 'Made in Japan' Plus has a Hayden Labs sticker on.

It is possible that the labs may make some minor adjustments I suppose (power supply settings etc) and maybe they put a different manual in??

9. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheer's for the replies,i'll probably go with Hi-Fi Junkies for the 3 year guarantee.Did you know if you buy certain items on your credit card you get a further 1 years guarantee if you register your purchase within a certain time.Got a potential buyer coming round for a demo of my Sony dd processor on Sunday , (first time home cinema buyer) so it will sell,should be ordering my 3802 Sunday night Hopefully.(i know i'll have to wait a while for a gold one) i think it will be worth the wait

10. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,889
    Soul brother ,

It will be worth the wait, believe me .

When your 'beast' arrives it may have been re-taped back up. This is because Hayden labs open the box ( which comes from Japan ) and they fit a UK adaptor to the 2 pin plug fitted at the factory. So if you think that the box has already been opened, dont worry it has, but by Hayden labs.

Kev