Denon 3802 Component problem

caylem

Standard Member
I my trying to get my Denon 3802 connected to a plasma via component but am having (major) problems getting the menu up.

I have never tried the Denon on component before, are there any know faults with this amp using component?

The Plasma has a Y U V (actually labelled V Y U) connectors, and the amp has Y, PB/CB adn PR/CR connectors.

Any thoughts?

Miniholic

The 3802 doesn't output the OSD from the component monitor out, only S-vid and composite.

(Page 6 in the manual;) )

Hope this helps.

caylem

Standard Member
Thanks for the help.

Would the following set up work:-

Plasma to amp via component
Cube to amp via component
DVD to amp via s-video
Video to amp via composite

The 3802 does not do video scalling, but would I still get a picture from the dvd or video in the setup above?

SamirP

Originally posted by caylem
Thanks for the help.

Would the following set up work:-

Plasma to amp via component
Cube to amp via component
DVD to amp via s-video
Video to amp via composite

The 3802 does not do video scalling, but would I still get a picture from the dvd or video in the setup above?

Yes it would work but would still need to connect composite, s-video and component to your display

caylem

Standard Member
SamirP, If I connected the plasma to the monitor out on the amp via component would that not display the s-video or composite signal?

Miniholic

Hi Caylem,

No you need to connect each type of connection seperately, it doesn't even convert between composite and S-video. I run my system all on S-video, with the exception of my DVD which is done through RGB direct to my TV.

My setup.

PS2 -> AMP S-Video
VCR -> AMP S-Video
DVD -> AMP S-Video (For OSD with DVD)
DVD -> TV RGB Scart
AMP -> TV S-Video-to-Scart lead

My TV only has two scarts, so this is the easiest way for me to wire the system up, in your case I think that you would need 3 connections to your Plasma 1 x Component 1 x Composite 1 x S-Video.

You may have more luck connecting your DVD straight to the Plasma, especially if you can utilise an RGB connection, as this would give a better picture than S-Video.

What equipment do you have? as knowing the specs might give some better suggestions. Does your DVD have component output? As this is often the preferred choice with Plasmas.

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom