Denon 3802 and Sony 32FQ75

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by astonbilla, Aug 11, 2002.

Tags:
  1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Does anyone have their amp under their TV?

I am beginning to think myabe my amp has caused geometry problems with my TV. The screen seems to bend ever so slightly upwards in the centre of the screen. I was wondering if maybe the Denon amp was causing this.

I have it on the lower shelf of the TV stand - i was hoping that this was far enough away. Also i had my Sony db940 there for 2 years.

Hopefully i'm just being daft - so could anyone tell me if i'm being paranoid or if i do need to move the amp?

Cheers

Bill

2. pwoody

pwoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are not paranoid! My Denon caused colour patching effect at the bottom of the screen when it was directly underneath with about 7 cm clearance from bottom of TV. I cured it by switching TV off in order to Degause the screen after advice from other members. I have since moved amp to the left so that the tranformer in the Denon in no longer underneath the tv & so far all seems well.

3. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    my amp, denon avc a1se is under my toshiba 36zp18 and doesn't cause any problems, it fits quite well with a glass shelf taken out. there is a bout 25-30cm above it though as it does get quite warm

4. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks guys - like i said its not so much purity problems, its more like geometry as if the screen is being pulled and pushed. I have decided to move all my AV gear and put the TV in another place.

Can anyone recommend some decent and cheap av furniture?

Fankoo

Bill