1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3802 again

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by soulbrother michael, Dec 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am thinking of buying this amp in the near future,i want to use my exsisting rotel amp to power my fronts,by useing the front pre-out on the denon,my question is will this effect the overall sound of the amp or should i just use the amp totally on its own.I currently use a Sony d/d processor hooked up to a yamaha e492 via 6-ch input.I dont want to junk my rotel pre/power because it sounds exellent.I will not be using the denon for cd replay

2. greeny

greeny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the pre-outs on the denon into my Naim amps to power my front speakers. You can then bypass the denon completey for all your music needs (if you want) and just use your Rotel.

The only problem with this is you need to balance the sound levels when using surround. You can do this by setting a particular volume setting on your Rotel then balancing the surround channel volumes to this level. You then need to set this volume level on the rotel each time you are going to use surround sound.

Does this make the sound better/worse?? Good question.
    You are passing through more electronics and connections than using solely the Denon so sound is deteriorating, however if your rotel is 'better' than the denon this shound be more than offset by the improved power amp performance. Additionally you will be removeing load from the Denon power supply thus making it better able to supply the Centre/Surrounf/Rear channels. Overall then this is the way to go if your current music amp is superior to the Denon.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think you'll find that the Denon makes an excellent job of driving your fronts, and of reproducing stereo music from eg CDs.