1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3802 advice please.....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Spanglemaker, Jul 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Spanglemaker

Spanglemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm the proud new owner of a 3802.

I was hoping to site it on a shelf which is open at the front and back, has plenty of space to the left and right but which has only 1 inch gap above.

The manual advises a gap of about 4 inches, so would anyone anticipate any over-heating/ventilation problems with my proposed position.

The 3802 doesn't seem to generate too much heat at normal listening levels, but I'd appreciate any comments from that huge user base out there!

Thanks in anticipation.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That will be fine. They're being over cautious; for normal listening levels there'll be no problem.

I ran a power amp with a pre-amp sat on top of it with a DVD player sat on top of that for a while, and there was never excessive heat buildup.

3. Spanglemaker

Spanglemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the reply........

Thought they may be being a bit over-cautious, but nice to have it confirmed by someone else.

Come to think of it, I should probably be more worried about my dvd, 2vcrs and digibox in an enclosed glass-fronted Sony stand....!