1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3801

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by squad 701, Jun 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. squad 701

squad 701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    As the Denon 3801 can run fairly warm. I was wondering have any other owners got experience of barely audible but frequent noises of clicking/creaking (in want of better terms)as the machine heats up or cools down after turning-off. Maybe the casing is a bit tight on my machine, the noise I'm refering to would be similar to if you held the sides of the front-panel edges and gently shook-it. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

2. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have the AVC-A1SE which can also get warm, and is much bigger. However there are never any of the sounds that you describe because the build quality is superb. Denon amps and receivers are built like tanks.
    Mark

3. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also own a Denon 3801 and have never experianced any strange noises that you are refering to. Sorry I can't be any further help.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a denon 3300 for 4 mths (?) and I get those creaks. I am fairly certain it is the amp. At first i thought perhaps my shelves were creaking, or the pioneer dvd was creaking, but I'm convinced it is the amp. I hear them when it is warming up and cooling down. Don't know what to do about it. During a film I would hear maybe 4 creaks...

5. squad 701

squad 701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the replies. The Denon 3801 is still creaking away after a couple of weeks of use. Even as I write this, and its been off for 3-hours. So my friendly dealer is having it replaced (it was used for demo purposes, which I was unaware of). I think its had too much of The Haunting in DTS 6.1 Discrete. Strangely enough I used to have a Sony 9000es Pre/Power which ran very hot (hotter than the 3801) and that never creaked while heating up/cooling down. I'll update this when I get the new machine in a couple of weeks.