Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon 3801 - Dolby Prologic II vs DTS-Neo:6?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by guyb, May 22, 2001.

Tags:
  1. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    How does Dolby Prologic II compare to DTS-Neo:6. I was going to buy the Denon 3801 but I was wonder whether it would be worth waiting for an updated version of the 3801 that would do Prologic II and possibly the new DTS 96 kHz/24-bit format. How long do you will think it will take for denon to release such a thing?

2. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't hold your breath, from what I understand there are no expected updates to the 3801 and to be honest I can't fault the amp anyway. I've had mine for 6 months and think that the amp is superb, if I was you just go and buy it and sit back and enjoy!!!!!

3. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    When I say update, I mean a new updated model, i.e 3801SE, NOT an update for the existing 3801

4. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Guy,
    I should imagine that Denon will be concentrating on a replacement for their AVC-A10SE (may be the 4802 in the US) at the moment, this model would fit in between your 3801 and the A1SE (5802). I recon that they will also be working to update the A1SE to Pro Logic II and the 24bit/96kHz dts format. Plus they are working on a processor – highly like the A1SE without the amplifiers and possibly a high current 7 channel power amp.
    Lastly (next year possibly) I think you might see the 3802 that you are looking for.
    Just speculation – I've heard nothing official.
    Mark