Denon 3801 - Dolby Prologic II vs DTS-Neo:6?

guyb

Established Member
Reaction score
How does Dolby Prologic II compare to DTS-Neo:6. I was going to buy the Denon 3801 but I was wonder whether it would be worth waiting for an updated version of the 3801 that would do Prologic II and possibly the new DTS 96 kHz/24-bit format. How long do you will think it will take for denon to release such a thing?

I wouldn't hold your breath, from what I understand there are no expected updates to the 3801 and to be honest I can't fault the amp anyway. I've had mine for 6 months and think that the amp is superb, if I was you just go and buy it and sit back and enjoy!!!!!

Guy,
I should imagine that Denon will be concentrating on a replacement for their AVC-A10SE (may be the 4802 in the US) at the moment, this model would fit in between your 3801 and the A1SE (5802). I recon that they will also be working to update the A1SE to Pro Logic II and the 24bit/96kHz dts format. Plus they are working on a processor – highly like the A1SE without the amplifiers and possibly a high current 7 channel power amp.
Lastly (next year possibly) I think you might see the 3802 that you are looking for.
Just speculation – I've heard nothing official.
Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom