1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3801 & CD Quality

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by PaulBoy, Jul 25, 2001.

Tags:
  1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I have the above Denon connected via digital coax to a Pioneer 626 DVD player
    Both units manuals make reference to the fact that they can decode higher quality CD audio (96 htz?)
    CD music sounds good but am I getting the full benefit or would I need to use the 5.1 input / outputs connections to get the higher quality CD signal ?
    TIA - Paul & sorry for being thick :confused:

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Makes only sense if you have a high-quality recording on DVD (i.e. 24bit/96kHz), then either use the stereo out (DVD player does the decoding) or the amp - this only works if the player allows to output the 24bit/96kHz signal via the digital (optical/coax) output.

Anyhow, those DVDs are rare and limited to audiophile recordings mostly ...

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also bear in mind that with relatively modest kit these enhanced dvd's can be considered as "not all that". whilst improvements in fidelity are there, this sort of thing is "niche" at present (dvd) and requires some "top kit" if your looking for substantial improvements. A £400 c.d player and an £800 stereo amp playing standard c.d's will IMHO give a far more lucid presentation than a 626 and a 3801 playing 96/24 dvd's.