Denon 3801 and Rotel RMB1075 12v Trigger

B

bob007

Is there any way of connecting the Denon to the Rotel to take advantage of the 12v trigger? I have looked on the back of the Denon but can't see anything that relates to it, just wondered if there was any other connection there I could use that will trigger the Rotel into action.

If it is not possible to connect the Denon up to the 12v trigger would it be better to leave the Rotel permanently switched on?

TIA

Disclaimer ... I've never tried this ... but it might work.

Use the power output on the back of the Denon to power a 12v power "brick" and connect the output of this to the Rotel.

Victoria

Originally posted by sounddog
Disclaimer ... I've never tried this ... but it might work.

Use the power output on the back of the Denon to power a 12v power "brick" and connect the output of this to the Rotel.

Victoria
Did wonder if the power output on the Denon could be modified, but I myself would be a bit wary of trying it, I let someone else go first. ;)
Originally posted by Apocalypse
I too have looked into this bob007, suffice to say I now leave the amp on 24/7 :)
I think this will be what I'll be doing until I get the processor purchased and connected. :)

I see Denon have included a 12v trigger on the 3803, two models too late for me though. :(

Originally posted by bob007
Did wonder if the power output on the Denon could be modified, but I myself would be a bit wary of trying it, I let someone else go first. ;)
I wasn't sugesting "modifying" the exisiting power output, but pluging a 240v to 12v dc converter into it ... hoewver I'm unsure if the 12v trigger needs a continuous 12v signal or just a 12v pulse.

Victoria

Originally posted by sounddog
I wasn't sugesting "modifying" the exisiting power output, but pluging a 240v to 12v dc converter into it ... hoewver I'm unsure if the 12v trigger needs a continuous 12v signal or just a 12v pulse.

Victoria
I was meaning modifying the output to do something that it was not designed to do. :)

With my limited amount of knowledge I would have a guess and say it would have to be continuous, as when the 12v signal stops this would put the Rotel into standby. Stand to be corrected. :)

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it's a 12v pulse (not continuous),
I've used a processor to trigger amps before and it was definately a pulse when I used it.

Paul.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom