Denon 3801/ 3802/ or Yam RXV2200- I'm so confused!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pitshop, Sep 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. pitshop

pitshop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to this so I hope I'm following protocol! I'm trying to decide on a new receiver (upgrading from a Kenwood KRV-5560) but every time I think I've found one I like, I find another one! Before home theatre, I bought a Yamaha RX-730 that I love and still use for the pool/ outside speakers, so I was looking at the Yamaha RX-V2200. But I also discovered the Denon AVR-3801 and 3802. Does anybody know the difference between them (is it just a model year change) and do you have any preferences betwen the Denon and the Yamaha? I know music/ sound is different for everybody so that's fine...and maybe there's something else that you know about that is even better (for around $700-$800 US). ANY info is GREATLY appreciated. Email me at "[email protected]" or respond here. Thank you...Skip

2. siven

siven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i don't know about the yamaha, but the biggest difference between the 3801 and 3802 is Dolby Prologic 2 so yes it's a year change

in febuari there is supposed to come out a 3803, don't know specs about that one though.....

I upgraded from the sony str-db930 to the denon 3802 and I'm more then happy with it!:D