Denon 3801/02

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Metric, Jul 24, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been offered a replacement 3802 if i want to wait. I hear it has a bit more power and DPLII, anyone know when it ships? or what the price difference will be.

Thanks
    Mike

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,965
    It's available now in the US - Crazy Eddies is now showing them in stock, and no longer on 'pre order', so hopefully we should be getting them over here soon.

Crazy Eddies price is about the same as the 3801 was over there, so in theory, it should be about £800, but we all know we get ripped off here in the UK...

Who's offering it to you? I can't find anyone here in the UK advertising it yet..

TIA

Gary

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hotkit are replacing my amp coz they sent me a used one when i bought it.

they cant get a gold one, 3mths after initial purchase and have spoken to denon who arent shipping them any more.

theyve said i can get the 3802 if i want to wait but no mention of increased price or release date.

Mike

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Denon announced it to be more expensive than the AVR-3801 when it was introduced, so expect it to cost around GBP800.
    Check with them on the price, if you don't want to pay more or wait cancel the order and try to find a dealer which still stocks the 3801.

Good luck!