Denon 3800 stockists

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CarlB, Sep 6, 2002.

1. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Does anyone know where I can get a Denon 3800? Most places are currently out of stock until at least the end of the month. I had one on order from LE Concepts but they have messed me around too much. I ordered Weds and they said it was next day delivery. I called Thursday night to be told it missed collection and it would now be Friday. They said earlier today that their courier picked it up last night so would definitely be with me today by 5pm. It's now 6:30pm and I've just cancelled my order after they now 'discover' that the unit never shipped as they don't yet have the multiregion upgrade disc. I wouldn't have minded except for the lies about the unit having been dispatched, obviously just to palm me off or something. Won't be ordering anything else from there...

However, like I said, the units seem scarce elsewhere. I am looking for multiregion (essential) and pal prog (nice), preferably at a price better than the list price of about £1k.

Thanks in advance.

2. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive on order a multiregion pal progressive for £850 , supposed to be in by the end of the month , anyone recieved one yet? Mines on order from Audio T.

3. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the USA they appear to be having the same problem ... a dealer in Holland (BTW I am based in Ireland) indicated to me that there was a three week delay in delivery as unmodified versions (ie those with the chroma bug) had been flushed out of the supply chain ... other reports appear to support this claim.

4. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There're lots of threads/discussion going on about the new batch of 3800/A1 with chroma patch done in factory in Japanese AV forum.
    Many of them report pretty bad 'chroma delay'.

So.. ppl who will purchase 3800/A1, make sure with your dealer you can return it without a hassle if there's any problem such as that.

5. toonarmynufc

toonarmynufc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Global HiFi Centre
    Authorised THX Dealer
    87a Clayton Street
    Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5PY
    Telephone: 0191 230 3600, Fax: 0191 222 0286
    E-Mail: info@globalhificentre.com
    they have got denons in stock if thats any help

6. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Thanks everyone.

I managed to get the last in stock at Discount TV for £769. I bought my plasma from them and have been very happy with their service so far.

The Denon rep is visiting them next Tuesday with a firmware upgrade so I have said I will hang on and have the latest firmware installed before I take delivery. They are going to find out if this is the chroma bug fix.

7. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI!
    Can you point me towards these threads ... I was under the impression that the "chroma delay" was a bit of a false alarm. Since we last communicated I managed to cancel my Toshiba 9500 order (With Leconcepts) and switch to the Denon A1 (Discounttv) so I need to investigate this problem further.