1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3800, search fo a region free upgrade

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by elara, Sep 28, 2003.

1. elara

elara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have a denon dvd-3800 USA version manufactured on april 2002. I like to update to have multiregion support, I have see the www.geocities.com/3800 web site but I am not sure which software upload to my machine. Somebody could give me an detailled explanation PLEASE!

On the other hand, my machine reads all disk fine except the DVD-R disks, when I tray to read many diferents DVD-R disks, many times it freeze.

Thanks.

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. elara

elara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Jason, Thanks a lot for you site and your disposition to help me, please understand that me coments are only to contribute to you to make a better site.
    Well, I think the site is not enought clear (for me) because I have the USA model and your site make diference between USA and European models, then you recomend euopean model upgrade to USA model, I have a confuse?.

On the other hand, my machine has the following firmware versions loaded inside :
    ESS 626
    DRV 6100
    ESS 6134
    PANEL 6093-2

Your site say:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Multiregion Capable & PAL Progressive Output
    Applied Firmware Levels (with newer hardware): ESS 720N, DRV 6193-2, ESS 34625P, PANEL 6093-2
    Applied Firmware Levels (with older hardware): ESS 720, DRV 6100, ESS 625P, PANEL 6093
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My codes are not exactly iqual to the codes you metioned on your site, neither for olds nor new hardware?,
    I don´t know if I have a new or a old hw version?
    Which will be the right code to me machine??.

Please explain me with more details.
    Thanks again.

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Elara,

To be honest, the site is designed primarily for european players as that is what I have expereince of...the site was never really meant for non-europeans users from a firmware perspective. I only added the US elements for fixes like the chroma bug fix as these were only ever available to the UK in US format.

Since setting up the site, many US owners have asked me - "Can I use the european firmware on my US player?" - This was a difficult question to answer as I had no direct experience of a US player. However, some owners of US players (and R3 as well) took the plunge and have successfully reported that the firmware can be applied to US players in order to provide PAL prog and full multi-region functionality.

Therefore, if people ask, I pass on the expereicne of others but wihout my own personal testing I am not keen to state this on the website.

As for firmware numbers, these are very much based upon my own experience and those reported by other forums members, rather than some insight into Denon's current firmware levels - therefore the numbers on the website are given as guidance based upon my findings during the "hot period" when the firmware was first realeased and many users were sharing their firmware level findings - obviously, these numbers will date as new firmware versions are dictated by Denon. Iti is impossible for me to tell exactly which numbers are the latest unless Denon publish this (which they dont!!!) or people report back to me (which they dont!!!)

If you require more details than the site provides, then I would recommend that you contact your nearest Denon dealer as they should be able to provide you with the correct US firmware and report what the latest US firmware version should be - this is the only way to be 100% accurate and guarantee that if you kill your machine you will not invalidate your warranty...

Sorry if this wasn't the news you were hoping for and I just wanted to explain that the site is "for guidance" rather than providing 100% factual Denon information that is updated to reflect what Denon are doing - I only wish I had access to the information, but Denon dont work like that...

You could also try PM'ing Jeff Talmadge over at www.avsforum.com who is the US spokeperson for Denon on the forums.

Good luck with your player...

JJ

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    P.S. I forgot to say...thanks for your feedback and I will try to update the site with my comments from above (when I get chance!) in order to ensure the site is less confusing for non-european users :)

JJ

6. elara

elara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jason, thank for your answer.
    I would like only tell you that I beleive I have bought a defective unit from denon USA dealer and I have unable to receive suuport for me frezee problem, in relation to that I would like to ask you If you have name and email for some people in Denon usa who can support me. Can you have the product manager for example?

Any information will be welcome....

Thanks a lot.

7. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112

8. elara

elara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jasonjo, as usual you are very colaborative, thank you very much for that, I like to tell you that I can´t find Jeff´s email on this AVForum, nevertheless I catch it throught another way and I wrote to Jeff yesterday night and therefore I am waitting his answer.

Thanks again and good lock.

9. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Site updated ;)

Hopefully things are a little clearer now...:)

Please feel contact me using the contact link on the site if you have any other feedback/comments/questions...

JJ

10. elara

elara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JJ, I give a little look to the updated page, there is much better, I only saw one bug, that is

"Player build date can be determined from the frist three digits of the serial number. The first digit is the year and the next two digits are the month i.e. 210XXXXX is a November 2003 (must be 2002?) player, while 301XXXXX is a January 2003 player. The last four/five digits represent the unique player number."

Thanks and good luck.

11. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Well spotted ;) and thanks for the feeback...

JJ

12. elara

elara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JJ, let my tell you yesterday I download Dic FW to my USA model DVD-3800, the final results was my machine is region free now!!!!, I am so happy and thankfull for it.

Let me know too, that I had some problems throught the process and I have more information to you to make much better your site, please let my know if you wish I write my experience for you?

One question, what about the chroma bug problem, I guess I must to download other patch now....

Saludos Eduardo.

13. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112