Denon 3800 - Official Firmware

Mr THX

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had sight of this new firmware yet ?? Wondered if any dealers were upgrading previously bought players ?? with the new Denon firmware.
New as in Multi Region, Pal Progresive, Cooler running player, gets rid of hang ups and frezzes firmware
:eek:

I picked up my player on Saturday, and it supposedly has the firmware delivered by the Denon rep on the Friday.

I'll try and print of the "how to" and post the version no. Its a bit difficult at the mo - 'er indoors is in hospital so I'm there all the time.

Finally my 3800 is arriving today....

I'll have a look tonight at the firmware versions, I was told that it was given the latest yesterday, anyone tell me what I should expect to see if it is the right version?

The other threads seem to have various different versions reported?

Cheers

Collected my 3800 on Tuesday with the new firmware installed by the dealer. Haven't hooked it up yet - the new amp arrives tomorrow and then I have to hook up the KEF 2500 6.1 system.

I'll post on performance of the 3800 asap.

Bonesy

Do you want black or gold. Gold are like hen's teeth - I was really lucky to get mine. Black are more available I think - try www.creative-audio.com; or Audio-T in Swindon.

thanks guys,

audio T in swindon does happen to be my local shop, shame about the prices,

yep, gold is what I'm after...

just heard that the online dealer I have placed an order with does now expect to get me on in december, fingers crossed

Had a look at my new one lastnight and I have the following numbers:

ESS 720N
ESS 34625P
Panel 6093-2
DRV 6193-2

I would love to know if this the latest S/W or not, any ideas??

Cheers

As said a couple of posts up I got mine last week.

Watched LOTR disk 1 same night.

Tries to watch disc 2 last nigh and it wouln't play. Just hung with the counter at 0. said Disc Loading for nearly a minute.

Anybody else got LOTR (r1 spec ed) they can check dis 2 with. My disc 2 works OK with my Sony R2 player just not progressive (or component for that matter!)

MrDTS - did the rep mention the laser thing linked with the thread about US 3800's?

I had problems with 'Mummy Returns' on friday (unfortunately the first film I watched on the new machine.....) two quite bad pauses, this however seems really good compared with my old 2800 mk1 which wouldn't play whole chapters of it.....

Watched LOTR (EE, r2) on Saturday and had two very slight pauses one on each disc, perhaps they were the layer changes that the buffer couldn't quite handle?

Couple of other films over the weekend played flawlessly..........

Overall I'm really impressed with the improvements over the 2800, it does run very hot though..

We need to bottom out what exactly are the new firmware version numbers though.....

alpha10 - agreed, looking at all the threads though, I think you calrb and markbuffy fan DO have the latest fimrware.

I think it is the DRV 6193-2 bit which shows it is the latest.

Hopefully mark can confirm when he is back online...

I too should have a 3800 with the new firmware within the next couple of weeks - so can confirm personally...

magking may also post this week if he gets hold of the discs...fingers crossed...

Still no news from my dealer or Denon rep re the possible laser problems...I really do hope this is a US specific thing...

JJ

I borrowed a CD-rom from my dealer today that was supposed to be the latest software for DVD A1, DVD3800 and DVD2800mkII.
The software is MR and PAL-P (no PAL-P for 2800mkII if the text that came with the disc is correct, i cant confirm it)

After loading i have the same numbers as before. (I have done the "unoffisial" upgrade before and chromabug upgrade.)

After the new softawre loading a have:
ESS 720
DRV6100
ESS34625P
PANEL 6093-2

If anyone is interested in the software i have it on my harddisc.
(I have no CD burner and don't know where to put it to share it on the net).
If someone who knows where to put it can tell me how, or get it from me and do it, it would be great.

magking,

Is that for DVD-A1 too ??
If it is, I'll give it a go. :) My A1 is new Q version one, but I wouldn't mind staying up to date with the latest firmware. :)

By the way A1, 3800, and 2800mkII share the same firmware ??

magking...

not sure whether this is the latest firmware or not, other seem to have newer DRV numbers like DRV 6193-2

Did it definitely update properly?

What dates are the files?

JJ

alpha10 - agreed, looking at all the threads though, I think you calrb and markbuffy fan DO have the latest fimrware.

I have DRV 6100, the same as Magking. I also think this DRV 6193-2 is a new firmware version, so I'll probably try that when I can to see if it improves the slight chroma bug evidenced on my 3800. Haven't noticed the bug on any of the normal test discs, just on Disney's Beauty and the Beast R1.

It seemed to load correct.
The file properties says: changed 25. Juli on all files except the 2800mkII file witch is 29. oct.
I have the old version too and they even have the same names and dates.
So i guess it is the same sofware as we have.:confused:

By the way Jasonjo, your PM is full.
Guess you don't want me to mail them to you anymore then?

emptied my PM...sorry :blush:

Yeah magking - dont bother sending as it seems old...shame...we will just have to be patient and see if anyone else gets hold of the disc.

If I am the first to get it, I will post a URL for you chaps to download from...(i have already setup a page in perparation ;))

Pretty sure the latest firmware is:

ESS 720
DRV 6193-2
ESS 34625P
PANEL 6093-2

JJ

bump....reminder of firmware versions flying around in light of all the confusion...as stated, I think alpha10 and markbuffyfan have the latest if you go by the figures...

JJ

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom